Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 12th: Lords of Altamont at Cretins Motorcycle Clubhouse


On Saturday the 12th I got to see two great things, Lords of Altamont and an awesome strip-tease! I go to the Cretins Motorcycle Clubhouse at around 10 coming from band practice and a house-warming party. I have been a fan of the Lords of Altamont ever since I saw a version of them playing at a party last year. I got there a little early and a couple of the dancers went on (Mona Satana the normal dancer of the Lords, and Cinnamon Britches singer of the Wooly Bandits) Both great dancers and a hell of a show! Then the Lords set up and I was taken for a ride. Jake was singing and standing on his organ while the band members were rockin' out behind him. Most of the songs were new (or at least new to me) because that night was the record release party. The record is called Midnight to 666. It sounds like a really good record and I am interested in hearing it. I was right next to the speaker so my ear is kind of blown out, haha. Next time I won't keep a safe distance but maybe earplugs. They ended their set with "4.95" which is a big favorite of mine. I had a great time and would recommend seeing them very soon, I know I will. I would also apologize for not putting my blog sooner, I have been busy trying to put some of my stuff in a few magazines. I will put more up very soon for such the time loss!

To Pre-Order the CD: http://www.fargostore.com/mod/p_disque.php?article_id=6541
To Pre-Order the LP: http://www.fargostore.com/mod/p_disque.php?article_id=6542

No comments:

Post a Comment