Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan. 17th: Screaming Females at the Echoplex

On Monday night was one of my favorite shows I have seen so far... The Screaming Females were so good it was unbelievable. I got to the Echoplex around 8:30 in the P.M. curious to see the other bands before SF. The first band to come up were The Lovely Bad Things, a cool band whose players kept switching instruments, which was pretty cool. They went from having some poppy indie-rock hooks to some really good punk rock. Next up was Audacity, as band full of young guys playing punk rock music, they were pretty good, funny for sure. They told some great jokes in between songs. The band up next was La Sera, Kickball Katy from the Vivian Girls' new band. They do music that is kind of like 50's pop to put it. Then after selling their merch in person for a few hours the Screaming Females finally came on. I had seen them once before at FYF and they were great then, but this time they were just crazy good. I knew most of the material and they played some of their more popular songs like "Bell" and "I Don't Mind It," but also some things that I didn't know which was pretty cool because I like getting into songs that I don't know. They played most of the songs off of their latest LP Castle Talk. Their last song they played was a probably 8 or 9 minute version of "Boss" and then came out again for an encore which was "Fall Asleep." After a few seconds of them standing around I decided to scream out the last song I wanted them to play which was "Boyfriend." They then commenced to playing the song and I was so fulfilled with their set. I cannot wait until they come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment