Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SINGLE REVIEW: Portugal. The Man: Got It All (This Can't Be Living Now)


New Portugal. The Man never disappoints me! This is the first single off the new album In the Mountain, In the Cloud. The song is an infectious tune with sutch a catchy chorus it's crazy! This is the first album on Atlantic records and I see that there has been a few changes, but it makes the music seem better to me. I mean they didn't have to add the cellos, but goddammit they made the song crazy good. I have seen nothing but great things coming from them on Atlantic! The video I must add is fucking amazing! It is paired with the song "Sleep Forever," which is a song that builds into a crazy, overwhelming masterpiece and is a great ender to the album. The video was all shot in Alaska and shows beautiful shots of the scenery over there with John Baldwin Gourley sledding with a pack of dogs. I don't want to ruin the rest of the video but it is an great short film! If you picked "Got It All (This Can't Be Living Now)" up for free off of iTunes last week, or not get this track now!


Watch the short film here: http://youtu.be/jieN2Hp5hS4

No comments:

Post a Comment