Thursday, June 2, 2011

SINGLE REVIEW: The Shakers: Hey Lil Darlin

I have been thinking about introducing this new segment for a little while and this seemed like the perfect time to do it. I met the singer Jodie Schell at a broadcast for Rebel Radio, a newer podcast, and she gave me an advanced copy of the Shakers new single "Hey Lil Darlin" (Which I really appreciate!) This song comes out tomorrow June 3rd and they are giving out free copies at there show at the Roxy to the first 100 people who show up. The first thing I have to note is Jodie's voice. She really can rip it up with her voice. It's very soulful and clear. This song has kind of a funky-soul feel until the chorus where it gets very hard rockin' and distorted. I really like this song a lot and recommend going to the show tomorrow to see it first of all because the voice transfers live and get a kick ass new song to listen too!

No comments:

Post a Comment