Monday, December 27, 2010

Dec. 23rd: Evil Beaver At the Roxy/Million Kids At Beauty is Pain


On Thursday I went to the Roxy to see Evil Beaver, a band who I have been wanting to see for a long time. They are a two piece from Chicago, but currently reside in L.A. They consist of Evie the bass player and singer, and various drummers. They played some of my favorites like “Handz of Fate,” “Honey Pump,” and “Closer to Hell.” They also played some new songs like “Hey Man Hey” and “Cold” which sound pretty good I have to say! Evie playing is really good, she plays her bass like a guitar and gets some really good sounds, and the new drummer sounded great, I hope he will be a keeper because he really brought some cool stuff to the table at that show.

I then headed over to Beauty is Pain Boutique, which like Meowmeowz has music, art, clothing, and shows! I have seen some great bands there like The Swords of Fatima and Rocketblast Bath. This show was put on by the awesome Bob Cantu who is the main person who interviews, writes, and reviews for Baby Jeepers, a local fanzine. If you want a great magazine for three bucks I would definitely recommend going to Beauty is Pain or anywhere you can get it and buy Baby Jeepers. Back to the show, I walked in towards the beginning of the show which I am glad because the band I saw, Million Kids, was really kick-ass! They are a four piece punk band from L.A. and their newest release is L.A Is Gonna Make You Breathe E.P. I don’t know many songs by them, I didn’t know any at the show, but they were really awesome and did a cool versions of “Wild In The Streets” and “Los Angeles.” I am disappointed that I missed the Crystelles and Electric Children because I have heard great stuff about both those bands! Million Kids are playing again tomorrow Tuesday the 28th at the Redwood with the Black Beverly Heels and Dirty Santas. I would definitely recommend going to that I bet it will be a good show!

Anything by Evil Beaver- http://www.evilbeaver.us/fr_tunez.cfm
L.A. Is Gonna Make You Breathe- http://www.reverbnation.com/store/store/artist_239005?item_type=music

No comments:

Post a Comment