Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: Dum Dum Girls: He Gets Me High EP


The newest release by this all girl quartet He Gets Me High, is a pretty good EP. I have been a fan of them since I heard "Jail La La," but I don't know, this release wasn't really what I was looking for. I think my favorite track on it is the title track, and it is probably the best. With fuzzy and distorted instruments this makes a good little tune. The rest though for me was a little slow. This doesn't mean that I don't like slow tracks (believe me I do) but it just wasn't as strong as their older songs. This EP has an interesting cover of The Smiths' "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out." I have to say they do a good version of the Misfits' "Last Caress," if you're open to hearing a popped out version of it. (Its on the b-side of "Bhang Bhang, I'm a Burnout") I would still recommend getting this EP if you like DDG, but if you don't know them, I would definitely listen to is before you buy it!

Buy Here at: www.subpop.com/releases/dum_dum_girls/eps/he_gets_me_high

No comments:

Post a Comment