Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20th: Interview with John Dwyer of Thee Oh Sees



1. First of all, how've you guys been? You guys just got off tour and it seems your going back on tour in about a month. It seems like you guys are doing pretty well.

        
   The band is well, we have been very busy but fruitful I think. We have a lot more coming up so just trying to stay healthy and hearty.   

2. You also seem to be putting out a lot of records. Seems like three after Warm Slime. Which leads me to my next question, what is your inspiration for songs.
   Life as is with any song writer I would imagine. No great mysteries here I think we can all have common ground with our day to day existence  

3. The lyrics are pretty interesting, and alot of times short like "I Was Denied," and "Adult Acid," which is unusual for most bands who seem like they're always trying to fit more lyrics in.
   I am in no rush to fill ears with words. Some songs though tend to be a bit longer. I dont know I guess I just didnt have notion either way.

4. Another thing that is unique about you guys is your instrumentation. What are your main instruments and rigs like?
  12 string 68' burns
   6 string kay
   roland space echo
   wurlitzer mlm II
   fender jaguar 
   drum kit 

5. How did you guys come together?
       The band just kept growing from the original 2 piece. Petey I knew through other bands he played in. Brigid   from the local coffee joint and Mike from his previous live show with old bands. 

6. What has it been like with the band? You guys have received some success at least from what I've seen at Fuck Yeah Fest and the show in Eagle Rock.
  We are doin comfortable. Slow and steady wins the race, I am in no rush for success and am not a staunch supporter of the contemporary hype-machine.

7. Are you guys releasing anything new soon? Have you just released something?
   "single collection 1+2" on my label castleface all the singles so far
   "castlemania" on in the red a collection of more home brewed recordins
   "carrion crawler/the dream" a full band heavy blaster recorded and ready to be mixed due out in the fall on in the red
   and a split single with scottish artist david shrigley due out soon with hand drawn covers by D. Shrigley!!!!

8. Alright thanks very much for doing the
interview, any last words?
       Be well and good luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment