Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 22nd: Kamikaze at Punk Rock Dodgeball Tournament

At The Redwood - 9/7 in Kamikaze by
One of the most memorable shows of this year was last Sunday at Project Infest, a warehouse in downtown. I rushed out of my house (thinking I was late) when actually the show got moved over a couple of hours. So I got to hang out with the people from Kamikaze and Sassafras helping them set up for the show. After I get back from a Chinese food lunch break the show starts about 15 minutes later. The next second after Kamikaze starts playing there are Mohawks and balls flying everywhere. (No I wasn't at a punk rock orgy) I was at the Punk Rock Dodgeball Tournament. It was pretty awesome I have to say. Seeing one of my favorite local band playing behind a net, while people are getting injured is a great experience. I had to leave towards the end of the set and miss Sassafras sadly, but I didn't go empty handed. Sailor the singer and guitar player of Sassafras gave me a newer EP with a few songs from Dos on it, buttons, and a bottle opener, now I know whats going on my key chain. I'm seeing Sassafras in a couple of weeks so I'm okay missing them. The bands are going on tour with each other, so I would definitely say go see them if they are in your town because these bands now how to rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment