Sunday, May 29, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: Mr. Dream: Trash Hit

Mr. Dream has put out a great first record! This album of lo-fi, garage-y tunes is totally my style. I have been looking for new bands as I said and these guys are definitely one of the coolest. They do not sound like they went to Harvard or wrote anything in their life besides lyrics and a book report with a big fat F on the front. I have to say my favorites would be "Crime," "Scarred For Life," and "Holy Name." Three songs right in a row which I think defiantly give the definition of the album. Which does not mean only get those three songs, it means if your looking to hear a new band like Mr. Dream check out those songs and if you like them, guaranteed you will love Trash Hit! I love the thickness of the bass on this record, it really is awesome and the singer sounds like he recorded all of his vocals in his bathroom and I totally dig it! If your looking for the great new band, these are the guys your looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment