Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 22-23: Two Nights With Ty Segall

Waking up early is painful since I went to bed at around 2 o'clock the past few nights. Friday, I went over to Center of the Arts Eagle Rock to try and see Ty Segall finally even though it was sold out. The reason I was still going was because last time I went to see Thee Oh Sees, they let me in even though it was sold out. That was not the case Friday. We had to leave but the promoter said if we came back at 10 he would probably let a few people in. 10 rolls around and the guy is nowhere in sight, just the security guard. Luckily there is a window where we can watch Ty and hear him perfectly. After about four songs they lower a screen to cover the window. My friends and I start walking to the Starbucks across the street when the security guard came over to tell the people on the side to leave. There was no one at the door, so I sneaked into the show. I came in to a great show. Ty Segall was super noisy playing some of my favorite songs. At one point he jumped into the crowd while playing a solo and crowd-surfed for about a minute or two. Another highlight was Steven McDonald of Red Kross came up on stage and played a few RK covers. Ty then ended with "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. I met the band and they are all super nice! I am set to interview Ty very soon. The next night at the Smell was also great! I got to see the opening bands and I think my favorite had to be White Fence. They were just really awesome but I would also check out Crazy Band and Audacity both bands are good. Ty again was super good, played some different songs and that was cool. I thought the set was to short though, but a great show nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment