Friday, September 2, 2011

August 26th: The Terrorists, Mutations, and Dirty Eyes at Beauty is Pain Boutique

Last Friday I was invited to see Dirty Eyes a band I've been hearing about for the past few months and being acquaintances with a few of the members I decided to go see them at Beauty is Pain Boutique. I got there early as I enjoy seeing most of the bands on a bill. The first band was the Terrorists, a garagey kind've punk band. The microphone they were using made it sound like they were singing through a 1930's radio. I liked them a lot and I got a really rad cd from the singer Ernesto! They are touring and I would definitely recommend seeing them and getting their cd. The next band was Mutations. They are straight up Garage and I love'd them. These guys played a really cool cover of "Lucifer Sam" by Pink Floyd. They are all under 20 and hopefully my band will be playing with them in October, a show you cant miss haha! The last band I got to see was Dirty Eyes and the consistency of good music did not stop at this band. I cannot describe them much more then straight up Rock 'n' Roll. With that kind of genre I'm always a little cautious about because I feel usually the band is doing nothing new. This band has, of course taken influence from the genre but I really feel this band is changing it up and making some really rad music. I wish I could have seen the other bands but sadly I had to leave after Dirty Eyes was done. This night was the start of my crazy rock 'n' roll weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment