Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 27th: Butthole Surfers at The Echoplex

Two weeks ago I was gearing up to go to the Sunset Junction when I heard it got cancelled. Luckily I did not buy a ticket yet. Though I wanted to see Melvins, Helmet, Barrio Tiger, and the other bands, the band I really wanted to see was the Butthole Surfers. I had never seen them and when they came here last time I hadn't been into them yet, so I was disappointed when the city didn't give the permit for the festival. I got excited again when they said they would play the Echoplex. I got the ticket, though another speed bump happened... 18 and over, one of my drawbacks. I got in though thanks to John Ramirez! I saw the opening act, 400 Blows, whom I thought was good  though I thought their songs kind've sounded the same, but I was into them. Then the Butthole Surfers went on and were just crazy good. They had great visuals of horror movies in the background and they sounded great! They played songs off pretty much every record except for Weird Revolution, which funny enough, the next day was the 10th anniversary of its release. I like also how they worked a small part of their hit song "Pepper" in "Lady Sniff" I liked that because it seemed to me like they didn't really care about playing that song. They played some of my favorites like "Mark Says Alright" "Who Was in My Room Last Night" and "Goofy's Concern." I had a really great time, got an awesome BS shirt, went to a show in silverlake the next day, and then Fuck Yeah Fest a week later!

No comments:

Post a Comment