Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 3rd:Fuck Yeah Fest

After the week of Butthole Surfers I managed to get a ticket for FYF, the festival where I first saw Screaming Females, Thee Oh Sees, Ceremony, and many more, I figured I'd have to go again this year. I thought the lineup looked pretty good so of course I bought a ticket. I get there early to go see Tijuana Panthers, the band I missed  not being able to get into Ty Segall's show until I snuck in only to catch the last 3 songs of Ty's set. Tijuana Panther was really good, I liked the surfy feel and the pop-ish vocals. I saw part of another band's set before going over to see Ty Segall's set. This time they had added a second guitar player which was cool, he played different things and was pretty noisy. They played well, but I think their set was too short. (I like to see long sets by bands I listen to a lot) They ended it with a rad version of  "Caesar." So then I walk around checking out other bands after them, none of them were really gripping me (None of them were really bad, they just weren't getting me like I wanted) until Girls went on. I wasn't the hugest fan of the band, only liking a couple of songs, but they were great! They had a full band with backup singers, who were amazing singers, and they went straight into my favorite, "Lust For Life" and on went their set. (Now that I saw them I am into them, even the songs I didn't like before I do now) and then went to go see the Descendents play an hour set of a bunch of great songs. The highlights would have to be "I'm the One" "I Don't Wanna Grow Up" and "Sour Grapes" They are still hell of performers! Then came the other headliner: Death From Above 1979, one of my favorite bands who I never got to see when they were first playing. They opened with my favorite song "Turn It Out" and they blasted into their set. The crowd went wild at their show, having at least two circle pits going at once. They played songs like "Romantic Rights" and "Little Girl" and after they were done with their crazy loud set I walked off into downtown Los Angeles and hung out there until going home a few blocks away and going to sleep at about 3 A.M. and not waking up until much, much later.

No comments:

Post a Comment